Announcements : Commencement Information
Announcement: Commencement Information
Details about our May 2022 Commencement
Update from January 10, 2022
Dear Students and Family Members of the Denison Class of 2022,
We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of the Denison Class of 2022 during Commencement exercises on Saturday, May 14, 2022! On behalf of the organizing committee, we are delighted to share that the 181st Commencement Ceremony will take place on the Academic Quad at 10:30 a.m., rain or shine. Many details for the weekend are below, and for the latest information, we encourage you to look at the commencement site at Denison.edu.
About the May 14 Commencement exercises:
- Graduates and their guests do not need tickets to attend the ceremony.
- The ceremony will be livestreamed for family and friends.
- Parking will be available on campus and in nearby overflow lots.
- Please look at the forecast and dress accordingly for an outdoor ceremony.
- Guests requiring ADA accommodations may email
- Caps and gowns will be distributed to graduating seniors in early April.
Friday, May 13, 2022
- Baccalaureate, Swasey Chapel, 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. (the events are identical).
- A non-denominational program to celebrate the Class of 2022
- Senior Soiree, Moon Hall-adjacent patio, 7 p.m.
- A celebration with food trucks, bar, and dancing for seniors and their guests.
- Faculty Coffee, Reese-Shackelford Common, 9 a.m.
- An opportunity to have breakfast and visit with Denison faculty.
- Senior Move-out of residence units and return of keys begins at 1 p.m., and keys must be returned by 7 p.m.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to celebrating the outstanding achievements, talents, and abilities of the Class of 2022.
On behalf of the 2022 Commencement Committee,
Vice President, Chief of Staff